Saturday, June 21, 2008

Reattempting Tomatoes


I've finally decided to give up on the tomatoes in the rose bed. Whether they have spider mites, cucumber mosaic virus, or burn from fresh mushroom compost...or all three...I don't know, but I give up on them.

I looked all over and finally found these four plants that looked relatively decent, if not overpriced, at WalMart. There is a Roma, a Goliath, a Big Boy, and a Mr. Stripey. I know nothing about Goliath, Big Boy is what my mom remembers as a kid, and I liked Mr. Stripey but didn't have a lot of success last year. I couldn't be too picky this time of year, but they were decent options.

So, my first goal on Sunday is to pull up the old and replace the new. I'll add a bit of lime and stir up the dirt/compost a bit before replanting too. Hopefully I won't kill the second round.

No comments: