Sunday, July 27, 2008

Discoveries

Look what I found!

Today I enjoyed a lazy Sunday, so I only got about half of my list accomplished. I picked four more roma tomatoes and two cucumbers. I sprayed the bell pepper real good, pulled up all but one broccoli plant, planted a section of broccoli seeds, and checked on/tied/weeded the tomato bed with the roses. It looks like I'll be able to make and can some salsa tomorrow. Yum!

Today was a day of discoveries however. My corn is doing well, and while I was checking on it a hummingbird flew up to me, said hello and hovered for a good 30 seconds and then flew off. It was an awesome experience. Now I need to be more vigilant refilling my hummingbird feeder. I noticed a small roma tomato growing in the rose bed. And....I discovered that there actually is a cantaloupe growing in the office bed. It's about half the size of the cantaloupe we bought and cut open today, but it's coming! I hope we get more than one, but I'm sure happy to see it.

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to:
  1. Rake grass clippings.
  2. Plant mustard and more lettuce.
  3. Can salsa.

No comments: