Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Plant Obsession

Hi, I'm KalykoKatt, and I love to buy plants.

Okay, time to move from the 12 step program, but it does seem that everywhere I went this last week I had to buy at least one plant. I promise though, I'm really, really done for this season. So, I got 4 Ambrosia cantaloupe, an Early Girl tomato, a Sweet 100 cherry tomato (I hope. It was the last plant left in the tray, and wasn't exactly individually labeled.), and a New Mexico mild hot pepper.

My mom got me a pickup truck full of mushroom dirt as an early birthday gift too. We put some on the rose bed and some on the office bed. The rest is piled waiting to be used. I haven't had a lot of time this week, so I've only gotten that done and planted the Brandywine & Early Girl tomatoes. I will talk more about that once I get the other tomatoes planted.

Yesterday, I noted that the corn, parsnips, last planting of radishes, swiss chard, maybe beets, thyme, spearmint, & parsley are all up. Yippie! I also noted a lot of digging in my beds. Boo! I really need to get an electric fence.

No comments: