Monday, March 19, 2012

Raspberries and Strawberries, Take 2




It has been so nice outside these last couple of weeks. It feels like June, even though it's only the middle of March. (I hope that doesn't mean bad things for August.) Yesterday, I worked hard weeding the strawberry bed again (the
dandelions took over) and planted in the bare spots. It seems that the current plants are still producing runners, so I really shouldn't have ordered new ones. I really ended up planting only 5 of the Sparkle strawberry plants. I hope that my mom can find a place to plant the rest of them. The established plants are full of blooms and some have some very tiny berries. Yay!

In the meantime, my sweet husband moved the fence and retilled so that the raspberry canes are now protected from the dog. Once again, I planted 5, and I am really looking forward to raspberries this August. On a side note, as of today, the mustard, collards, chard, turnips, radishes, and romaine have sprouted. The garden is really starting to look alive once again.

No comments: