Sunday, July 10, 2011

Recovery

This summer has been a terrible relapse as far as my health is concerned. I have spent at least two weeks in the hospital, and am hopeful that we are finally on the right track as to what is going on. I am fearful that the parasite, cryptosporidium, that was discovered in May might be due to the very fresh mushroom soil that we put in this year. Anyway, I am making my best effort at recovery before school starts, and I am trying to make a recovery of the garden at the same time. I will do my best to have detailed pictures tomorrow, but for today it was all I could do to harvest a bit (cabbage, corn, sungold tomatoes, and a zucchini) and deeply water.

For now I will post a rough to do list in my effort to catch up:
  1. Weed, weed, weed! Especially in the root bed and the strawberry bed.
  2. Fertilize tomatoes, eggplant, squash, and cantaloupe.
  3. Mount an attack on the squash bugs!
  4. Harvest potatoes.
  5. Pull up bolted lettuce and replant.
  6. Water every day while heat index is over 100 degrees.
  7. Find good storage for the onions that are pretty much harvested.

No comments: