Sunday, June 19, 2011

June Pictures...Finally

These pictures were taken last week, but they are just now making it to the blog.

I've already been digging up a few potatoes as I've needed them, but I think they are just about ready for general harvest now. This week they appear to be dieing off. The early corn has started to tassle, and the pole beans have started to flower. The lima beans are now about 4 inches high.


The lettuce is starting to bolt, and I may have to harvest most all of it soon. I'm so excited that my lettuce did well this year. I also have tons of turnip greens, dill, and a few sunflowers. The broccoli and half my cabbages have been harvested, and the other half of the cabbages appear to be about ready now. I planted four canteloupes where the broccoli was this last week. It remains to be seen if they will do okay or not.



After a few hail storms, the onions are about ready for harvest. I've already gotten a few carrots, and I am pleased that they are doing well this year also. I can't say the same for the scallions. I have a few leeks that I think are still fighting among the weeds in the middle as well as a ton of swiss chard. I am still having trouble getting my beets to bulb though.



The remaining strawberries have done super well, producing a ton of runners. Unfortunately, I have let the weeds take over. That needs to be taken care of this week.


My herbs have done well for the most part. Here we have Italian parsley, chamomile, sage, chives, oregano, a salad mix, rosemary and spearmint. I also have thyme and cilantro that isn't pictured here. Unfortunately, the cilantro didn't germinate that well. I may need new seed for next year.



Here are the cucumbers, watermelon, squash, peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes. I'm having some trouble with the tomatoes and squash. Some I think from cucumber beetles, and some I'm not sure about. (I will post more on that later.) The peppers and eggplant seem to be doing super well though.

No comments: