Sunday, March 6, 2011

Brrr....

Thursday, I started filling the legume bed with mushroom soil, but didn't quite get finished. Friday I up onion, broccoli, and cabbage plants at Ace. Well... this weekend sure took over. A big cold front with major storms came through Saturday, and today it was FREEZING! We actually had rain from Friday night through this morning nonstop. It's very flooded all over this area.

Because of the soaking ground, we were unable to get the truck moved where it needed to be with the mushroom soil. The good thing is that it didn't slide into the neighbor's fence as David tried. Anyway, with that not an option, I decided to start planting what I could. I was able to get a double row of peas planted and all of the onions. In the meantime, David dug out the old railroad tie bed for the strawberries. That's all we could do before we were just too cold. Hopefully, it will dry out enough for us to move the truck over, and we will put the rest of the mushroom soil in the strawberry bed.

On a side note, the mustard and radishes are just coming up. The mustard sprouts look a little sad, and I think that seed may be a bit too old too. I will probably throw that away and start fresh next year.

No comments: